Here’s another strategic tip from the SaaSMAX Channel Marketing Team:
Short Term & Long Term Reseller Motivation Tactics
When you’re planning out incentives to keep your Resellers motivated, keep these things in mind:
Use short term strategies to jump start your reseller relationships and introduce new products
- Special Incentives (SPIFFs) and awards will generate immediate but short term results
- As soon as the next SPIFF is announced from another vendor, yours will be forgotten
Use long term strategies to grow sales
- Giving your Resellers a NFR (“not for resale”) license of your products ensures that they’re using and getting to know your SaaS. Resellers refer what they know and like.
- Training (short and long-term) develops loyalty, deep product knowledge and becomes the core of reseller revenue generation.
– SaaSMAX Channel CMO – Ted “Chanimal” Finch
For more motivation strategies and tips, or if you need assistance with your SaaSMAX account, feel free to reach out any time!